The 2017 Survivor Pool
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bios of all players

Go down

Bios of all players  Empty Bios of all players

Post by Admin Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:51 am

http://www.globaltv.com/survivor/cast/

Andrea Boehlke
Hometown: New York, NY
Previously played on: Season 22: Redemption Island, Finished 5th & Jury Member
Season 26: Caramoan, Finished 7th & Jury Member
How have you changed since the last time you played?  
I’m older and wiser! I was only 21 the first time I played Survivor and then 23 during my second season. I definitely feel more confident as a person, so, hopefully this translates to the game and I'm not-so paranoid.
I'm also not so boy crazy, which is ideal!
What skills do you bring to Survivor that will make you a useful member of the group and what skills have you been learning since you last played?  
I'm confident in my challenge skills, so I know I'll be a great asset early on. After playing two seasons, I know how to work my social skills to form a solid group.
My biggest hurdle will be to not come across as a schemer. In Caramoan, I was constantly on the chopping block for that reason, so I've been coming up with strategies to avoid that.
What are you most proud of from the last time?  
I was pretty satisfied with my game in Caramoan for the reason that I was able to last as long as I did despite being high on the hit list of many people. I was also proud of myself for being able to laugh at being blindsided, and realize it's just a game.
What, if anything, do you most regret?  
Ha! There's a long list, but off the top of my head it would have to be finding myself in a showmance again! Not playing the Idol! Trusting Cochran!
How will you play differently this time?  
I will have to play a low-key aggressive game. I definitely tried to overcorrect my Redemption Island game by playing very aggressively in Caramoan, but I think everyone could see I was trying to "make moves."
I have to find some sort of balance between the two and also try to break away from my "us vs. them" old-fashioned way of playing the game. I have to be open to working with every single person.

Aubry Bracco
Hometown: Cambridge, MA
Previously played on: Season 32: Brains Vs. Brawn Vs. Beauty, Runner Up
I’m more assertive, confident, and grounded in who I am. In my last season, I logically knew I could play and do well. This time, I believe it. I have an easier time taking stock of the cards on the table, making decisions, and rolling with the consequences.
What skills do you bring to Survivor that will make you a useful member of the group and what skills have you been learning since you last played?  
I bring the confidence in my physical abilities. In Kaôh Rōng, I proved I was a brain who could hang with brawn. I might not look athletic, but I am. I’ve been working on core strength and balance.
Emotionally, I'm more grounded than I was. I can be an attractive ally or confidant to other tribe mates, especially those on the outskirts, without letting those relationships drain me.
I am beyond proud that I made it to Day 39 despite encountering some obstacles, including:
- Having a horrendous Day 2.
- Crappily executing the Pete vote. This time, I'll be folding the paper up, eating it for fiber, and taking a new parchment if I change my mind.
- My infection.
- Two closest allies being medically evacuated.
- Being forced to make fire to save myself.
I managed some tough personalities and assembled a ragtag group to vote out Scot, which felt like dismantling a bomb, making sure all the wires were where they needed to be.
Overall, I may have bumped into more obstacles than a ball in a pinball machine, but I played proactively. I owned my actions and fate, and I did it in a way that was true to me.
I wish I could take back every second of every one of the five days I lived with Nick. Oh, and I regret letting Joe eat all the red meat.
How would you play differently this time?
Going into Game Changers, I know I’ll have a target on my back, especially since other players will have just seen my season. I can’t play under the radar… people won’t buy it. I plan to align with a variety of people, including power players and villains to pad myself.
In Survivor 34, I will:
1. Do with certainty and apologize later.
2. Be friendly with more people and have intense relationships with less.
3. Execute with finesse.

Michaela Bradshaw
Hometown: Fort Worth, TX
Previously played on: Season 33: Millennials Vs. Gen X, Finished 14th
Since Millennials Vs. Gen X, I've found it a lot easier to take action in the face of fear. After surviving loneliness, starvation, physical exhaustion, and exposure to the elements, I just can't allow silly things like “what-if" scenarios to have control over me.
Also, I find that my reaction is to laugh at ridiculous things as opposed to becoming upset or angry. Whether it’s an annoying person, an unexpected delay, or a letdown of some sort, I just don't have the energy to be upset at anything that can't win me $1 million.
I bring intelligence and realness to this game. In a game filled with paranoid people who thrive on deception, those qualities are a breath of fresh air to some.
Since Millennials Vs. Gen X, I've been learning how to hide what I'm thinking and what I'm capable of to some degree. I found out first hand that in a game for $1 million, no one wants to play with someone they think they can't beat.
I'm most proud of the fact that I broke a lot of stereotypes. I was the woman who carried my tribe. I was the black girl who could swim and wasn't afraid to get her hair wet. I was the emotional one who could still make a logical decision. I was the "athlete" who was actually intelligent and articulate. I didn't fit in a box, and I liked that about myself.
I regret not understanding the importance of perception. What's real doesn't matter in this game. What people think and how they feel is what matters. My mistake in Millennials Vs. Gen X was not paying close enough attention to how others felt.
I will play differently by monitoring how I am perceived. Instead of bucking the system, I'm going to "play the game."

Brad Culpepper
Hometown: Tampa, FL
Previously played on: Season 27: Blood Vs. Water, Finished 15th
I’m one year older.
I’m a worker. Self-awareness, to a degree.
Set up some blindsides that helped [my wife] Monica get to the end.
Not making sure my alliance [with Caleb] was cool prior to Tribal.
Slow down out of the gate, then ramp up as game evolves.

Sandra Diaz-Twine
Hometown: Fayetteville, NC
Previously played on:
Season 7: Pearl Islands, Winner
Season 20: Heroes Vs. Villains, Winner
I’ve gotten older and fatter.
My ability to get to the end no matter what the situation and being straightforward. I won’t apologize for anything I do.
Winning again.
No regrets, period!
I have no choice but to be a more aggressive-sneaky-mean-lying-and-cheating Sandra

Ciera Eastin
Hometown: Salem, OR
Previously played on:
Season 27: Blood Vs. Water, Finished 5th & Jury Member
Season 31: Second Chances, Finished 10th
I’m more determined, more active, driven, and living with more intent.
I’m very positive and keep the morale up. Now that I’ve played two times, I’m pretty good at making rice and helping around camp.
I’m very proud of not being timid and doing the season alone without the support of my mother, fearlessly.
I regret being complacent and getting too into the experience and adventure, and not staying focused.
This time, I am taking the game more seriously and I want to be more focused, stay driven, and not become complacent.

Cirie Fields
Hometown: Norwalk, CT
Previously played on:
Season 12: Panama, Finished 4th & Jury member
Season 16: Micronesia, Finished 3rd & Jury member
Season 20: Heroes Vs. Villains, Finished 17th
I’ve matured mentally. Plus, I’m healthier, stronger, and in better shape.
Fire-making and trap-making.
Letting my emotions get the best of me!
I’ll be less aggressive, less emotional, and more physically fit

Hali Ford
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
Previously played on: Season 30: White, Blue, No Collar, Finished 11th & Jury Member
I’m back with a honed sense of self, a new passion for Survivor, and a vendetta from my wasted last game.
I easily make strong social connections with many personality types, I'm resourceful and handy when it comes to living off the land, and I'm decently smart.
I'd say the most valuable skill I've learned since my last game is how to play Survivor. I've also become a bonafide criminal-defense attorney, which involves battling cop shenanigans on the daily, which I expect may be a thing in this game.
NOTHING. Honestly, I would not put my name on anything I did in the last game.
EVERYTHING. But if I must name only one regret, it has to be failing to switch strategies immediately at the merge.
My head and heart were everywhere but in the game last time. This time, I'm going balls-to-the-wall. If it's a crime to play Survivor with abandon, take me to jail after the final Tribal Council.
We've got some heavyweights in this game and I'm ready to claim their titles

Malcolm Freberg
Hometown: Hermosa Beach, CA
Previously played on:
Season 25: Philippines, Finished 4th & Jury Member
Season 26: Caramoan, Finished 9th & Jury Member
1.  My hair is—incredibly—even thicker than before.
2.  Rewatched an unhealthy amount of Disney movies and discovered I relate more to the villains. Gaston was misunderstood.
3.  Got a little fat.
I can do all the outdoorsman stuff. We know this. What I’ve gotten better at is emotions, vulnerability, and feelings and stuff.
I don’t do base hits. I swing for the fences—for better or worse.
Losing. Also, wearing way too much plaid.
Same big moves, but more finesse. I’m still going to find all the Idols, still going to wreck folks, but being a little older and a little wiser—LOL—should get me paid this time around.
Please bring back the oversized checks for my coronation

Sarah Lacina
Hometown: Marion, IA
Previously played on: Season 28: Brains Vs. Brawn Vs. Beauty, Finished 11th & Jury Member
I’m more cut-throat now. I’m not out there to make friends and I’m willing to go against my word.
I’m a hard worker. I have a great social game. I can fish and hunt. I’m not lazy or stupid. I’m athletic.
I feel like I had so much game left. I’m not really proud of the way I played. I chose my word and loyalty over $1 million. I would not make that mistake again.
I regret sticking to my morals and values. It's Survivor—you have to play the game!
I will do whatever it takes to win. The only purpose for me going back out there is to win a million dollars. I don’t care about making friends or what anyone thinks of me. They’ll get over it.

Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth
Hometown: Venice, CA
Previously played on:
Season 13: Cook Islands, Runner-Up
Season 16: Micronesia, Finished 9th & Jury Member
Season 23: South Pacific, Finished 4th & Jury Member
I’m older and wiser. I’ve experienced some major family loss so I’m more “in the moment.”
Patience, listening, and the ability to get along with others.
Enjoying the experience and taking big risks.
Choking on the final challenge.
I will build my original alliance more carefully.

Caleb Reynolds
Hometown: Hopkinsville, KY
Previously played on: Season 32: Brain Vs. Brawn Vs. Beauty, Medically Evacuated
I’ve grown up a lot and have been watching past seasons, studying strategy and game.
I’m a hunter/gatherer. I can build shelter, make fire with sticks, get food, and I’m a physical beast. I’m hard to outlast. I have been learning more about mental games.
I gave it my all and I didn’t get voted out. I made my tribe proud and went out swinging.
Nothing!

Troy "Troyzan" Robertson
Hometown: Miami, FL
Previously played on: Season 24: One World, Finished 8th & Jury Member
I’m mentally stronger and more prepared to be a social person around my tribe in camp life and the game, in general. I’m more aware that most castaways play this as a “game” and don't play it as real life, so I must adapt to that way of thinking.
I've always been 100-percent a team player. And, I also think of myself as a great motivator with the people I'm around. I like taking the leader role in a low-key way.
I’ve lived my life as an adventure and I’m extremely in touch with nature. I’ve been a jungle boy my whole life so fishing, fire-making, and shelter-building come very easily to me.
Also, I've been re-watching past Survivor seasons to pick up any clues I missed the first time around. I work my best to stay young at heart.
I’m proud that I stayed true to myself. You pretty much saw 100-percent of me! I'm happy that everyone watching, including my tribe mates, got to see all my emotions. Whether I was laughing, smiling, carefree, kind-hearted, ecstatic, sympathetic, happy, sad, angry, irritated, heart-broke, or you name it… you got to see it all. All of Troyzan!
I'm also pretty proud of that fact that my rant of “This is MY ISLAND!” is considered one of the 10 most memorable moments in Survivor history. I'll look back years from now and still laugh at that moment!
I regret that I didn’t confront my enemies face to face more. I also would have called out Kim Spradlin (eventual winner of Survivor: One World) in front of the entire tribe daily!
I was putting too much thought into winning challenges as opposed to letting the tribe see the obvious plan Kim had. My mistake.
I’ve realized this is an “outwit” game more than anything else. I’ll try to keep the bullseye off my back by not showing ALL my cards, like the last time I played.
And, at all costs, ALWAYS in ALL ways keep a person around who’s a bigger target than myself. Keep your friends close and kiss your enemies!

Zeke Smith
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Previously played on: Season 33: Millennials Vs. Gen X, Finished 9th & Jury Member
Since I just played, I don’t think I’ve changed at all. I’m still digging sand out of my tush. I keep leaving the apartment barefoot. I’ve taken to sleeping on my neighbor's floor so there’s someone to wake me during my night terrors. They know it’s time to shake me awake when I start screaming, “Dave found another Idol!”
New skills? Well, I went to a friend’s party in workout clothes. I brought my own salad, which I ate in a corner and refused to speak to anyone. So, yeah, I can do that now.
I’m not quite sure. It’s really all a blur. I remember something about forcing rocks to save myself. What, if anything, do you most regret? Nothing. Everything. Nothing. Everything. Chris.
Frankly, I don’t exactly know what I did right or wrong last time but, I think I played too flashy. This go ’round, I’m going to play more subtly, because I’m a very subtle person.
Take one look at me and you think, “This guy knows subtle. No part of his mustache or patterned shirts or style of speaking says, ‘pay attention to me!"

Sierra Thomas
Hometown: Roy, UT
Previously played on: Season 30: White, Blue, No Collar, Finished 5th & Jury Member
I’m physically stronger, more aware, and better at reading people. Also, emotionally, I am less sensitive.
I can do anything outdoorsy! I’m physically strong, loyal, easy to talk to, and people trust me. I am in better physical shape than I have ever been. I practice puzzles every day. I’m mentally and physically ready.
My loyalty. I set aside pride and played the game. I am proud of my physical strength. I was a strong competitor in every challenge.
I regret not making a big move and to win, you have to. This time I am willing and ready to do whatever it takes.
Last time, I focused too much on my social game. I know it’s important, but I need to use the friendships I make to an advantage. I want to make big moves, blindsides, and do things that make me worthy to win. I am a physically strong competitor. I am bound and determined to win the Immunity necklace numerous times!

James "JT" Thromas Jr.
Hometown: Mobile, AL
Previously played on:
Season 18: Tocantins, Winner
Season 20: Heroes Vs. Villains, Finished 10th
I’ve definitely been humbled. I have become a little more patient and I don’t think I’m quite as gullible.
I think I bring many skills to the table. I will always play with all my heart, which has allowed me to overcome many obstacles in my life.
I plan to build a very strong team and lead them to the merge. From there, I’ll have to play with the hand I'm dealt to the best of my ability.
My ability to understand that I would have to make a big move to win the game and my guts to act on it.
I most regret the moment I climbed down from the pole in the Immunity Challenge that led to my dismissal. I knew it would be hard to win, so I let myself climb down. If I hadn’t climbed down, I could have held onto the pole for a lot longer.
I let myself take the easy way out, which is hardly ever the best decision. Hunger and conditions clouded my judgment without me recognizing it.
I will be more careful about picking my allies. More importantly, I will play a more aggressive Idol-tracking game, and a more determined and fierce challenge game.

Tai Trang
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
Previously played on: Season 32: Brain Vs. Brawn Vs. Beauty, 2nd Runner-up
After playing and watching my season unfold, I am more aware and appreciative of how complex Survivor is. I see my pitfalls and how I can improve. It's a delicate balance of being true to oneself and developing trust and friendships, while at the same time knowing who I think I can beat at the end.
I hope I have not become jaded or less trustful now. Each game is unique with its own dynamics and I just need to be open and see where it takes me. I need the knowledge from my past season, but not baggage.
Survivor is so great and winning is my ultimate goal.
I have proven that I work hard and am helpful around camp. I can start a fire and keep it going. I am resourceful and can forage and fish for food.
I am loyal, a nice guy, and get along well with everyone. I am pretty positive and can keep thing light and bring harmony to camp. I am small, but strong and would be good in team challenges.
Since the last time I played, I have been taking yoga to focus my mind and strengthen my core. I am also trying to improve my lousy hand and eye coordination by playing in a Bocce ball league.
Blindsiding Scot [and] Jason, and sending Scot home. I am proud that I broke away from their alliance to have a voice and played my own game. Deciding on my own destiny resulted in making the Final 3.
And, yes, I am so happy to have saved Mark, the chicken. I worked really hard foraging for food so others didn't eat him.
I am also proud to bring awareness to how we humans need to take care of our environment and have compassion for other living things.
I regret not managing the Jury better and not being able to articulate, own, and defend all that I accomplished during the game. I regret spending so much time and energy providing for camp which took me away from the game play.
Toward the end, I was completely depleted which affected how I played and performed at the final Tribal.
I am much more confident about the game now. I know I have a lot to offer and I can get along with everyone; now it's time to create strong relationships. It's good to have friends in both an alliance and on the Jury. I will be much more observant and aware of my position within the rest of the tribe.
I need to be more flexible and fluid in this ever-changing game of strategy, focusing on the bigger picture of winning the game rather than personal friendships. Most of all, I would like to be myself, take risks, and have fun hanging with all these big Survivor legends.

Jeff Varner
Hometown: High Point, NC
Previously played on:
Season 2: Australia, Finished 10th out of 16 & Non-Jury
Season 31: Second Chances, Finished 17th
I’m more physically fit, less emotional, and smarter. I'm still me and could pop off at any time without warning, but I'm focused on being calmer.
I'm honored to be part of this cast and aware this could be the last time I'm ever on a Survivor island, so I want to soak up the surroundings, beauty, and energy of being part of this landmark series.
I just played this game, so the excitement of being back is more tempered by a focus to not get too carried away.
I’ll be much more useful at challenges and intend to be more instrumental around camp. I want strong relationships when this is over, but already have a host of great friends.
I make mistakes, but I'm a good person with a good heart. I hope America sees that. But if my competition doesn't, their loss.
Being chosen by America, by far! Also, my instinctual gameplay. My ability to control a volatile group of people and be the determining factor as to who went home on the first two boots.
Going too hard, too soon. Playing with too much emotion in the beginning. Drawing the Angkor buff. No matter how good of a game you're playing, drawing the wrong buff can change everything.
I want to have more fun this time. I’ll combine my Outback and Cambodia styles—hard gameplay with a more subtle approach. I plan to try and control my emotions more. As best as circumstances allow, I’ll manage a swap better.
I plan to align myself with the big threats. Even if I end up in the minority after a swap, I'll make sure there is someone else with me who is more of a target.
This time, it’s all business. I'd love to make the Jury finally, but if I don't, I want to make sure I've soaked it all up in a way that it's okay.

Tony Vlachos
Hometown: Jersey City, NJ
Previously played on: Season 28: Brawn Vs. Brains Vs. Beauty, Winner
I'm older and much wiser. Just kidding. I'm older, but definitely not wiser. You will see the same guy in this season as you saw in Cagayan.
Unfortunately, the skills I bring to Survivor are skills that will NOT make me a useful member. Instead, they will make me a very threatening member.
I haven't learned any new skills since I played on Cagayan, which could be my downfall going back on an all returnee season. I wish I could have learned the skill of being able to be quiet and try to play under the radar, but I don't see that happening. It’s just not in my DNA.
WINNING!!
There is seriously nothing I regret. Everything I did on Cagayan was on the fly. Some things were based off of emotion, some based off of strategy, but nothing was based off of malice.
In the end, it all fell into place and I became the Sole Survivor.
Going into the game this time around, with all the players knowing my game style, I know that I'm going to be a huge threat. Having said that, I know I will have to take it down a few notches until I can plant my roots.
Knowing myself, I won’t be able to take it down any notches and will be in trouble. I hope I have what it takes to adapt right away and "go with the flow"—if that’s even possible for me to do.
I will have my fingers crossed for sure!

Debbie Wanner
Hometown: Reading, PA
Previously played on: Season 32: Brains Vs. Brawn Vs. Beauty, Finished 9th
For all the magic and mystery in playing Survivor, I'm more patently aware of how people can see and hear the exact same event/conversation and have widely different opinions/reactions/interpretations of said event.
I'm making a concerted effort to view situations through other people's minds and eyes.
I'm a worker around camp and was—and will—be a contributor; do what you can to make camp as hospitable as it can be, given the savagery of the environment and the fierce competition. When it comes to voting someone out at Tribal, I want to keep in mind just one thing: any name but mine will do just fine.
For all its strange alchemy and upheavals of emotion, energy, and stomach, I enjoyed it all with exuberance and an ability to laugh and forgive myself and others.
Not making more of an effort to reach out to Scot and Jason. Everyone and anyone can be an ally, if only for one vote.
Attempt to reach out to as many people as possible while still maintaining sincerity and decency. I know we are just playing a game, but attachments happen, and feelings really do get bruised.
If I'm going to lie, I hope not to be too much of a wanker about it. Keep the lines of communication open to all and try not to let slights, injustices, real or imagined, get to me.
Perhaps gain 10 lbs, as well; foraging for food often uses more energy than we got from finally eating it. Survivor is EXHAUSTING, mentally and physically, I'd like to keep a mental picture of many rescued animals, safe and happy, to remind me of why I'm playing again.

Admin
Admin

https://the2017survivorpool.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum